Thursday

Challenges of the Physical Theatre Lifeline

Right now in theatre we are working on staging a performance of our lifelines, which we began working on at the beginning of the unit. This has been really challenging for me so far.

Some of the major challenges include:

-Being introspective, looking into myself to devise

-Making definitive choices as a director. It is difficult to decide on one thing versus another

-Zooming out of the piece, and looking at it critically to see what can be developed

-Combining physical movement with words

-Choosing/Writing words to go with the lifeline that will add to it

-Deciding on what the most important parts of my life are

-Weaving together a story that is cohesive

-Finding a conflict in my lifeline

As anyone could tell from looking at all these different things I have listed, this assignment has not been easy for me!

Reflecting on the challenged of my lifeline has helped me gain a better understanding of TIP (Theatre in Performance). I now know that it is important to check-in with yourself throughout the devising proccess, and to reflect periodically on what is working and what isn't. I try to do this in plays, like in Oliver, when I get home from a rehearsal that doesn' go well. It is important to ask questions like "What could be strengthened?" or "What skills do I need to employ to improve this?".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.