Sunday
PUSH Physical Theatre Promo
I found this video on Youtube, and it is too cool! It reminds me of when I used to take modern dance in my summer ballet intensive programs. I'm wondering if there is even a distinction between some forms of theatre and modern dance? Without dance training, athleticism and choreography I don't think there would be these kinds of performances (PUSH, Fuerzabruta, etc...)
This physical theatre unit has a lot in common with dance, and I find that connection to be really interesting! I'm always looking to link my interest in theatre with other things I have been interested or involved in at some point.
**I am using dance in my lifeline devised piece to help convey a part of my life. I was inspired by Bill T. Jones and his ability to connect movement to raw emotions and experiences, and especially his passion for dance. Being able to think back to the years I spent dancing, and think to all of the emotion and heart I poured into it at the time is helping me with my devised piece very much.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.