A page from the black book I took with me to NYC:

Some of what else I learned from the workshop:
REJECT
--composing from live instruments (too difficult for me, an ameteur)
--obsession with accuracy and timing of sound (this is very time consuming)
ADAPT
--using sound software on the computer to compose/create a soundtrack
(my software will not be as proffesional, and my soundtrack will probably not be as detailed)
ADOPT
--using sound to add effect
--experimenting with sound effects
This left me with a question:
How can I combine my music experience (violin) with theatre?
--one possibility may be to try the role of Shamesin player for Bunraku, but this may not be a good idea because it has been a long time since I have picked up a violin, and my knowledge of music composition is limited.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.