Tuesday

Monologue Assignment

Tonight our assignment was to write a monologue about something we are "not comfortable talking about". This is, of course, a difficult assignment, but I understand that it is supposed to reveal what we are really plagued by. Part of this process that challenges me is that I feel like I should be grateful for what I do have, and not complaining about any "oppressions" I face in my life, especially because they are pretty minimal in the scale of things. If I really reveal what bothers me, like trying to be the best (which is entirely self-imposed) or being insecure, than am I undermining other people's real problems?

So far I've chosen to do my monologue about religion, because it is a bit of an uncomfortable topic in my mixed household. Something I'll try to explore in the monologue is the background behind that, because my family has a long history of clashing religions, that have caused a lot of turmoil and grief. We'll see how that goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.