Saturday

Cafeteria Scene Script: Early Draft


So I've been continuing with this idea of creating a seperate play in the classroom and in the cafeteria. I'm working with the theme of American vs. European. I talked to some of the cast members about developing these ideas and Laetitia gave me some good ideas. I'll apply them to my next draft of the script (I wrote this before speaking with her). Here is what she said:

"i like the whole euro/american kids idea and also the transition into the cafeteria
maybe we could includeconversations about travel, and how the euro kids would come from the same city, and would bond over food or customs from that country, even bonding over flying through the airports there etc
also: sports could be used as the separator between american/euro kids (football vs. rugby, baseball vs. cricket, etc)
i dont know if theres much substance in mysuggestions, but it's something!"

I say: Thanks Laetitia!!

Here is an early draft of a script I wrote while sitting in a Starbucks:

Here is the visual diagram for the scene. This is important, especially if I end up going with the whole tableau idea. Painting a picture with physicality and blocking will be key.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.