One thing I need to work on over the course of the Oliver performances is speech for both Old Sally and Londoner scenes. For Old Sally, I need to do a better job of annunciating, and pronouncing consonants, just as I need to in the songs Consider Yourself and Oom Pah Pah. I can improve this by:
Warming up with consonant sounds
BTBDFLMPN...
Projecting
-using my diaphragm, breathing, pushing sound out
Practing my Lines
Especially for my Old Sally character, there is a balance between psychotic-craziness in my voice and being intelligible. If the audience cannot understand what I am saying then there is no point in being onstage at all. That is why I think slowing down, projecting, and proncouncing consonants is very important. I tried to execute these three things in the show last night, and I think it made for a better performance than in any of the rehearsals.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.